The Public Health Association is Australia’s peak body for public health. We advocate for the health and well-being of everyone in Australia.
We lead the conversation in public health policy across Australia. Our campaigns cover a wide range of public health issues including Indigenous health, alcohol pregnancy warning labels, and sick leave for all workers. Our campaigns are based on evidence-based policy statements which are developed collaboratively with our members, branches and Special Interest Groups.
Our 1,900+ individual members represent over 40 professional groups interested in the promotion of public health. We have branches in every State and Territory. The branches work with the National Office to provide policy advice, organise events and mentor young public health professionals. We also have 18 Special Interest Groups which focus on developing policy on a wide range of public health issues.
We are a lead provider of public health professional development, and host several major national and international conferences every year.
We publish the Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health (ANZJPH) which is a peer reviewed, multidisciplinary, open access journal.
All public health professionals are invited to become members.
Benefits of Individual Membership
Professional development and networking
- Attend world class conferences and events with significant discounts on registration fees
- Networking with senior public health professionals at branch and special interest group meetings and conferences
- Mentoring program for students and young professionals
- Contribute articles to our blog Intouch Public Health
- Eligibility to apply for PHAA scholarships and awards
Access to public health news, research, and jobs
- Early online access to the Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health, Australia’s premier public health journal
- Discounted author publication rates in the Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health, if the lead author is an active individual PHAA member
- Receive The Pump, our members-only weekly digital newsletter
- Read the latest opinion pieces and research articles on Intouch Public Health blog
- Stay up to date with PHAA news and frequent media releases
- Access to weekly email list of public health job vacancies via the members’-only The Pump newsletter
Contribute to public health advocacy and policy development
- Participate in developing public health advocacy programs and policies
- Contribute to PHAA policy position statements on a range of public health issues
- Join one of 18 Special Interest Groups which help develop policy (fees apply)
- Contribute to PHAA submissions to Parliamentary Inquiries and Government consultations
- The right to vote and hold office in PHAA
- Access to PHAA forums
|Membership Category||Membership Type||Fee|
|Organisations||Government Agencies & Academic Institutions – 1 year||$950|
|Government Agencies & Academic Institutions – 2 years||$1900|
|Not-for-profit organisations – 1 year||$400|
|Not-for-profit organisations – 2 years||$800|
|Individuals||Category A – 1 year (Gross income above $65,000)||$330|
|Category A – 2 years (Gross income above $65,000) – 10% off||$595|
|Category B – 1 year (Gross income $35,000 – $65,000)||$195|
|Category B – 2 years (Gross income $35,000 – $65,000) – 10% off||$350|
|Concession – 1 year (Gross income below $35,000)||$70|
|Full-time student – 1 year||$65|